2019 Endeavour Leadership Program (ELP) Round
Deadline: 15 November 2018.
The Australian Government Department of Education and Training administers the Endeavour Leadership Program. The Endeavour Leadership Program aims to enhance Australia's reputation for excellence in international education through the continued internationalisation of the education, training and research sectors.
The objectives of the ELP are to contribute to the implementation of Government policy priorities, by increasing international research and education engagement between Australia and priority countries in key fields of education, research and innovation. The ELP offers achieving individuals from Australia and overseas the opportunity to develop their knowledge and expertise and build institution-to-institution connections and create the next generation of international education and research leaders across a wide variety of professional fields.
The Australian Government announced the new Endeavour Leadership Program (ELP) as part of the 2018-19 Budget. The ELP amalgamates the two current Endeavour sub programs, Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships and the Endeavour Mobility Grants, into one program,. The ELP will support Australia's first National Strategy for International Education 2025, which sets out a 10-year plan for developing Australia as a global leader in education, training and research, through making transformative partnerships and expanding student, education and training professional and research mobility.
The Endeavour Leadership Program provides opportunities for established and emerging leaders to undertake a global mobility experience, within their study, research or professional field.
All successful Individual Endeavour Leaders will receive:
- travel allowance of up to AU$3,000 (with provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- establishment allowance of between AU$2000 and AU$4,000
- stipend of AU$3,000 per month (maximum amount of $AU36,000 per calendar year up to maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis)
- health insurance for the full category duration (Overseas Student Health Cover [OSHC] for international recipients)
- travel insurance (excluding during program for international recipients
Tuition fees: Individual Endeavour Leaders undertaking postgraduate research or vocational education and training will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
Tier 1 countries represent the highest priority for Australian Government engagement. Colombia, as an Australia's strategic partner, is part of the Tier 1.
Applicants are expected to propose a Leadership Activity which will contribute to the objectives of the
ELP. Eligible Leadership Activities include:
- study towards an undergraduate qualification (through a Recipient Institution)
- study towards a postgraduate or Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification
- research towards a PhD or Masters qualification
- postdoctoral research
- institution-to-institution exchange
- practicums, clinical placements, Internships, or volunteer Leadership Activities
- mentoring, work experience or other professional development through a host work environment rather than through formal enrolment in a study program
Deadline: 15 November 2018, 23:59 Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDT) [07:59 Colombian time]
(Vía ORI Sede Bogotá)
[Boletín SIUN 411, 11/12 de octubre de 2018]