Amgen Scholars Asia Program 2019
Dirigido a estudiantes de pregrado de varias áreas relacionadas con terapéutica humana, biomedicina y biotecnología, con interés de realizar estudios de doctorado. El programa de verano se realizará en la U. de Kioto y en la U. de Tokio (Japón), en la U. Nacional de Singapur y en la U. de Tsinghua (R. P. de China) en el verano boreal (junio a agosto) de 2019. Cierre: 1 de febrero de 2019.
The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of selected undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at many of the world’s leading educational institutions. The Program seeks to increase learning and networking opportunities for students committed to pursuing science or engineering careers and to spark the interest and broaden the perspective of students considering scientific careers. Ultimately, the Program aims to increase the number of students pursuing advanced training and careers in the sciences.
The Amgen Scholars Asia Programis hosted at four premier universities in Asia: two in Japan (Kyoto University and The University of Tokyo), one in Singapore (National University of Singapore, NUS) and one in the People's Republic of China (Tsinghua University). Undergraduates worldwide are eligible to apply to participate at one of the host institutions. Each host institution has its own application process.
The application at each host institution in Asia requires, at a minimum, the submission of an official transcript, a letter of recommendation and a personal statement or essay.
Areas of potential focus include any disciplines related to the discovery, development, manufacture and delivery of human therapeutics, as well as the overall biomedical and biotechnology enterprise. Note that the terminology used to define research disciplines may vary across universities. Please see each university’s summer research program website for more information. Though it is expected that the majority of Amgen Scholars will be science or engineering majors, students in any major may apply.
Amgen Scholars AsiaProgram applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter
Asia Program applicants must also have:
- A strong record of academic performance; and
- A good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
- An interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Each of the Asian host institutions has its own application process, but the application deadline for all institutions is in early February.
Amgen Scholars is an international program funded by the Amgen Foundation with direction and technical assistance provided by the University of Harvard.
Asia Program Dates
- Kyoto University: 11 June - 4 August 2019
- The University of Tokyo: 11 June - 5 August 2019
- National University of Singapore: 3 June - 2 August 2019
- Tsinghua University: 1 July - 23 August 2019
Deadline: 1 February 2019
[Boletín SIUN 421A, 17 de enero de 2019]
[Boletín SIUN 422, 24 de enero de 2019]