Amgen Scholars Japan Program 2018
Dirigido a estudiantes de pregrado de varias áreas (ciencias básicas, ingenierías, medicina) con interés de realizar estudios de doctorado. El programa de verano se realizará en la U. de Kioto y en la U. de Tokio (Japón) en el verano boreal (julio y agosto) de 2018.
Cierre: 1 de febrero de 2018.
Every year, the Amgen Scholars Japan Program provides selected undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at two premier Japanese universities. The Amgen Foundation has committed more than $ 50 million over twelve years to the global Amgen Scholars Program to make this opportunity possible for thousands of students.
Amgen Scholars is hosted at two premier universities in Japan (Kyoto University and The University of Tokyo). Undergraduates worldwide are eligible to apply to participate at one or both of the host institutions. Each host institution has its own application process.
Research areas may include Biochemistry; Bioengineering; Bioinformatics; Biopsychology; Biotechnology; Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; Chemistry; Immunology; Medical Pharmacology; Microbiology; Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology; Molecular Genetics; Molecular Medicine; Molecular Pharmacology; Neurobiology; Neuroscience; Pathology; Physiological Psychology; Physiological Science; Statistics; and Toxicology.
Amgen Scholars Japan Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter
Japan Program applicants must also have:
- A strong record of academic performance; and
- A good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
- An interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Each of the two Japanese host institutions has its own application process, but the application deadline for both institutions is in early February.
Amgen Scholars is an international program funded by the Amgen Foundation with direction and technical assistance provided by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Cambridge.
Japan Program Dates
- Kyoto University: 12 June - 6 August 2018
- The University of Tokyo: 12 June - 6 August 2018
Deadline: 1 February 2018
[Boletín UN Investiga 375, 18 de enero de 2018]