Call for proposals: Strengthening education systems with proven innovations in developing contexts (KIX / GPE / IDRC/CRDI)
Deadline: 1 October 2019
This call is open to individual organizations or groups of up to four organizations working in a consortium that have a substantial record of conducting education research in developing contexts.
This call is NOT open to individuals, government ministries and agencies, or for-profit providers of core education services.
The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) invite proposals for KIX Global Grants from individual organizations or groups of organizations for multi-region, multi-country projects that aim to develop, test, and apply ways to scale innovations that address key education issues.
The projects funded under these grants will:
- generate knowledge and evidence to support the adaptation of proven innovations to address key education priorities in GPE member countries (Colombia is not included but some Latin American countries are*); and
- mobilize research and knowledge to support the scaling of these proven innovations.
Projects funded through this global call must be multi-regional, involving at least three GPE member countries in at least two regions.
* Organizations based in non-GPE member countries may apply for KIX global grants. However, proposed projects must focus on, and take place in, GPE member countries. It will be considered an asset for consortia to include an organization from a GPE member country where a project will take place.
Projects must respond to the following question: How can existing evidence-based and contextually relevant innovations that have a demonstrated impact be adapted and scaled to improve education access and quality within GPE member countries?
Projects must also focus on one or more of the following six thematic areas:
- teaching and learning;
- early childhood care and education;
- equity and inclusion;
- gender equality;
- data systems; and
- learning assessment systems.
Deadline: 1 October 2019, 23:45 EDT (22:45 Colombian time)
[Boletín SIUN 448, 1/2 de agosto de 2019]