Colombia 2018: International Conference on Marine Science. Towards a sustainable ocean
Abstract submission until 31 August 2018.
The ‘Colombia 2018: International Conference on Marine Science’ brings together researchers, practitioners and educators to exchange and share their experiences in answering fundamental environmental and socio-economical questions related to marine ecosystems in Latin America. It provides an interdisciplinary forum for discussing environmental change and its impact on ecosystems and society, the sustainable use of marine and coastal ecosystems, as well as technological advances.
The conference will be open to students and professionals from all areas of marine science and is jointly organized by the CEMarin and the Interinstitutional Doctorate in Marine Sciences – DICM.
The event will focus on five research themes:
- Marine environmental change: From species responses to environmental modeling
- Marine resources: Sustainable use in a changing world
- Ocean and society: The social dimension of ecosystem services
- Oceanography: Understanding the physical processes of atmosphere-ocean interactions
- Water waves: How the ocean affects life
Those interested should submit an abstract that will be evaluated by the Scientific committee (or a session-specific sub-committee). Based on its recommendation, the contribution may be rejected or selected as oral/poster presentation. The official language of the Conference is English.
Deadlines for oral presentations and registration:
- Submission of abstract for oral presentations: 31 August 2018
- Results for oral presentations acceptance: 20 September 2018
Date of the event: 19-23 November 2018
Venue: Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Medellín campus
More information: email@example.com
Organized jointly by CEMARIN and DICM
Sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service – DAAD
[Boletín SIUN 401, 2 de agosto de 2018]