Community Development Grants from the Inter-American Foundation
This call is permanently open.
The Inter-American Foundation (IAF) invites proposals for its grant program. The IAF funds the self-help efforts of grassroots groups in Latin America and the Caribbean to improve living conditions of the disadvantaged and the excluded, to enhance capacity for decision-making and self-governance, and to develop partnerships with the public sector, business and civil society. The IAF does not identify problems or suggest projects. Instead it responds to initiatives presented. Projects are selected for funding on their merits rather than by sector.
The IAF looks for the following in a project it funds:
- Innovative solutions to development problems
- Creative use of the community’s resources
- Diverse array of community voices in project development and execution
- Substantial beneficiary engagement in:
- The identification of the problem addressed
- The approach chosen to solve it
- The design of the Project
- Management and evaluation of activities
- Partnerships with local government, the business community and other civil society organizations
- Potential for strengthening all participating organizations and their partnerships
- Evidence of eventual sustainability
- Counterpart contributions from the proponent, the beneficiaries and other sources
- The potential to generate learning
- Measurable results
- Evidence of beneficiaries’ enhanced capacity for self-governance
Applications in Spanish, Portuguese, English, French or Haitian Creole are accepted throughout the year. Mailed applications should be sent directly to the Inter-American Foundation, Program Office. The IAF will not accept applications submitted by fax. Applications can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mailed applications must include the country of submission on the subject line.
There is no deadline to submit a proposal. Proposals may be submitted throughout the year and will be reviewed as they are received. All submissions must conform to the guidelines posted here.
Grants from US$25,000 up to US$400,000 are awarded.
[Boletín SIUN 409, 27/28 de septiembre de 2018]