European Science Diplomacy Online Course by S4D4C
This online course is free of charge.
The European project S4D4C (“Using Science for/in Diplomacy for addressing Global Challenges”) has released a European Science Diplomacy Online Course.
The course will introduce you to the field of science diplomacy. It benefits from a theoretical as well as a practical dimension, as it gives you information about the conceptual framing of science diplomacy, the variety of stakeholders and networks involved, including a whole module focused on the European Union, different implementation strategies, skills needed in the field of science diplomacy and some case studies of science diplomacy in practice.
The course is intended for diplomats and scientists looking to enlarge their knowledge in science diplomacy, consolidate their practice and think about career options in the field, as well as science diplomats (e.g. science attachés and science advisors) at the beginning of their career, and students/trainees and the interested public. The course can be a real asset for anyone who wants to have a career in science diplomacy.
The following modules are included:
- How to Get Started?
- What Is Science Diplomacy?
- Who Are the Science Diplomacy Stakeholders?
- How Does the European Union Practice Science Diplomacy?
- Which National, Regional, and Thematic Approaches of Science Diplomacy Exist?
- What Set of Skills Do I Need to Be a Good Science Diplomat? Let’s reflect on your own skills and those you need to promote, improve, or train to be a science diplomat.
- Hands On! Case Studies
- How Can You Dive Deeper into the Topic?
You need approximately 15 hours to take the course and you can easily go through it from home, study room, office, library or anywhere else.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to download an official certificate.
The course is 100% free of charge.
(Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 496, 23 de julio de 2020]