Filmmaking Grants from Filmmakers Without Borders
Next deadline: 1 January 2019.
Filmmakers Without Borders (FWB) supports independent filmmakers around the world via grants and other funding initiatives. Supported projects include narrative films, documentary films, and new media projects that align with themes of social justice, empowerment, and cultural exchange.
Goals & Objectives
- to empower the next generation of digital storytellers
- to promote diverse communities and cultures
- to share unique perspectives and stories
- to support independent voices from around the world
Proposed projects should address one of the following themes:
- social justice
- women’s voices
- youth voices
- cultural exchange
- climate change
- Applicants from any country are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should be 18+ years old.
- Applicants should be proficient in relevant digital technologies.
- Applicants should be able to provide samples of their work.
- Applications and supporting materials must be produced in English.
Note: Completed films may be in any language.
Grants are available in the following amounts (Tier 1 – Tier 4):
- Development: $250, $500, $750, or $1000
- Production: $500, $1000, $2500, or $5000
- Post-production: $250, $500, $1000, or $2500
- Film Festival Applications: $100, $250, $500, or $750
There are three grant cycles throughout each year (Spring/Summer/Fall). Each cycle has its own unique application deadline:
- Spring: January 1st
- Summer: June 1st
- Fall: August 1st
[Boletín SIUN 419, 6 de diciembre de 2018]