Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2018
Deadline: 6 December 2017 or 4 January 2018 (dependent on your course)
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The selection criteria are:
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant's qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
While at Cambridge, Scholars pursue full range of subjects available at the University and are spread through its departments and Colleges.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Check if you are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and, if so, in which of the two application rounds you must apply.
Deadline for candidates outside USA: 6 December 2017 or 4 January 2018 (dependent on your course) [check which of the deadlines above applies to you in the course directory. Please also note that if a course deadline is earlier than the relevant funding deadline above (e.g. the LLM in Law), you must apply by the earlier course deadline]
[Boletín UN Investiga 360, 7 de septiembre de 2017]