IDRC Doctoral Research Awards 2020
Deadline: 17 June 2020
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) launched calls for applications to Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of developing countries pursuing doctoral studies at a Canadian university.
IDRC Doctoral Research Awards are intended to build capacity and develop research skills in Canada and the Global South to improve the lives of people in the developing world.
Awards under this call will cover the costs of field research conducted for a doctoral dissertation in one or more countries in the Global South. Approximately 20 awards of maximum of CAD 20,000 each will be awarded.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country.
- You must be enrolled at a Canadian university at the doctoral level (you must have completed several courses of the doctoral program, but not necessarily all courses, when you submit your application).
- Your research proposal must be approved by your thesis supervisor. Please provide proof.
- Your proposed field research must be conducted for a doctoral dissertation and must take place in one or more developing countries (see list of exceptions at the website of the call).
- Your field research must be relevant to one of six development outcome areas to which IDRC aims to contribute through its work. These are: Health equity, Inclusive governance, Sustainable and inclusive growth, Climate resilience and sustainable food systems, Inclusive education and Strong science and innovation systems.
IDRC also encourage proposals that explore the impacts of and resilience to shocks such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, from the perspective of any of the areas above. Applications proposing field research outside of these areas will not be considered.
You must provide evidence of affiliation with an institution or organization in the developing region(s) in which the research will take place.
Deadline: 17 June 2020, 16:00 EDT
[Boletín SIUN 484, 30 de abril de 2020]