Innovation Accelerator of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Deadline: 28 February 2019.
Does your company have the potential to solve hunger? Apply to the Innovation Accelerator of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) for mentorship, financial support and access to WFP operation.
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. Please note that projects that are designed alongside WFP core users—vulnerable communities—and piloted at an early stage to ensure impact and maximize cost effectiveness are prioritized.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator is looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people WFP serves and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
The amount of funding requested should not exceed 100,000 USD.
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not for profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
Deadline: 28 February 2019 (cohort II)
[Boletín SIUN 423, 31 de enero de 2019]