Post-doc Fellowship Programme in Molecular Life Sciences at the Vienna BioCenter, in Austria
Deadline: 15 June 2020
VIP2 is a three-year postdoctoral fellowship program at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) that is open to candidates with backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics.
The program operates under a two-mentor scheme whereby fellows select a main research group and academic mentor according to their specific projects and are supported by a second mentor that can be chosen from the VBC research institutes, the VBC biotech sector, VBC's alumni network and beyond.
The VIP2 program selects people whose projects have the potential to develop into distinct research lines and thus serves as a stepping stone towards an independent career path.
The Vienna BioCenter is an English-speaking campus with outstanding research infrastructure, equal opportunity support including health care benefits, pension contributions and a highly subsidized child-care center.
Scientific excellence and signs of independence are the hallmarks of VIP2. VBC seeks talented scientists of all nationalities to conduct ambitious research projects on an international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral campus.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
- The proposed scientific project must match the research carried out on campus (applicants should name one or more potential host groups).
- Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
- Candidates are kindly requested to communicate with their preferred mentor(s) prior to and during composing their individual research projects.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv.
- By the time of the call deadline (15 June) applicants must also undertake transnational mobility according to the Marie Curie Action. That is, they should not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
Deadline: 15 June 2020
(Vía Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 477, 12 de marzo de 2020]