Programa de Subvenciones para el Turismo 2019 (Swiss Foundation for Solidarity in Tourism/Schweizerische Stiftung für Solidarität im Tourismus)
Deadline: 31 October 2018.
The Swiss Foundation for Solidarity in Tourism (SST) was founded in January 2001. The Foundation’s assets consist of the proceeds from the sale of the former SSR Travel, Swiss Student Travel Office (cooperative) to the STA Travel Group. Through its activities in the field of tourism the Foundation continues to work towards the non-materialistic objectives of the former cooperative.
In accordance with its statutes, the Foundation supports projects and organisations that:
- are suited to improve the economic, cultural and social conditions of the population in tourist destinations,
- contribute to sustainable tourism development in the destinations,
- contribute to improving intercultural understanding between people in tourist sending and receiving countries.
In order to be granted financial support, applicants must submit projects that are in line with the Foundation’s objectives, and they must observe the following criteria:
- Financial support may, in accordance with the Foundation’s objectives, be granted for activities in Switzerland as well as other countries worldwide.
- Financial support will usually be given to organisations, associations and legal entities.
- As a rule, additional grants for running projects will not be approved.
- For projects of several years’ duration, the Foundation may approve recurring grants.
The Board decides on the amount to be granted to individual projects. So far, grants for individual projects ranged between CHF 5,000 and CHF 25,000.
Deadline: 31 October 2018
[Boletín SIUN 408, 20/21 de septiembre de 2018]