Research Fellowship Program 2019 (Matsumae International Foundation)
Deadline: 31 August 2018, 03:00 Colombian time.
Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents:
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g., sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
- Applicants must be of sound health.
Fields of research such as natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities.
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project between 3 to 6 months, and commencing month and ending month between April 2019 and March 2020. (e.g. 5 months from June 2019 to October 2019). MIF plans to invite about 20 researchers/scholars.
Applicants are free to select host institutions (universities, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities in private sector) in which to carry out their research. However, applicants are reminded that they are obliged to obtain acceptance from such host institutions prior to submitting their applications. MIF is not in a position to give advice or recommendation to an applicant for a host institution in Japan.
The following financial supports are provided to the successful applicants: Allowance for research and stay (¥220,000 per month), Insurance, Air transportation, and Start-up fund upon arrival.
No support to his/her family or dependents is available. Fellowships are provided to successful applicants only, and intended for necessary living expenses and research activities in Japan. Under no circumstances, this fellowship is transferable:
Deadline: 31 August 2018, 17:00 Japan Standard Time (03:00 Colombian time)
[Boletín SIUN 381, 1 de marzo de 2018]