Research Fellowship Program 2020 (Matsumae International Foundation)
Deadline: 31 July 2019
Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents:
- Applicants must obtain a Letter of Invitation from host institutions in Japan.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when documents are submitted.
- Applicants must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay. E.g., sightseeing, conferences)
- Applicants should be in employment in their home countries, and must return to their countries upon completion of their MIF fellowship tenure.
- Applicants must be of sound health.
Fields of research such as natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities.
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project between 3 to 6 months, and commencing month and ending month between April 2020 and March 2021 (e.g. 5 months from June 2020 to October 2020). MIF plans to invite about 20 researchers/scholars.
Applicants are free to select host institutions (universities, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities in private sector) in which to carry out their research. However, applicants are reminded that they are obliged to obtain acceptance from such host institutions prior to submitting their applications. MIF is not in a position to give advice or recommendation to an applicant for a host institution in Japan.
The following financial supports are provided to the successful applicants: allowance for research and stay (¥220,000 per month), Insurance, Air transportation, and Start-up fund upon arrival.
Application must be submitted from the applicant’s home country. MIF accepts those submitted by POST (The Matsumae International Foundation, 4-14-46, Kamiogi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo, 167-0043 JAPAN, Tel: + 81-3-3301-7600). Those applications submitted electronically or via facsimile will be unacceptable.
The invitation by MIF is limited only to the successful applicant specified in the Grant Letter. MIF neither does concern successful applicant’s family/dependents nor provides any assistance (visa, flight arrangements, etc.) for them.
Deadline: 31 July 2019, 17:00 Japan Standard Time (03:00 Colombian time)
[Boletín SIUN 426, 21 de febrero de 2019]