Sofja Kovalevskaja Award 2019
Deadline: 31 July 2019.
Successful applicants receive up to 1.65 million euros each: the Sofja Kovalevskaja Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is one of the most valuable research awards in Germany.
It is granted in recognition of first-class academic achievement by talented international researchers who are interested in pursuing an academic career in Germany.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- PhD with outstanding results, completed no more than six years previously
- international researchers from all countries and disciplines can apply
- excellent academic track record demonstrated by an extensive list of independent publications
- support of a host institution in Germany
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- up to six Sofja Kovalevskaja Awards are available
- prize money of up to 1.65 million euros as venture capital for innovative projects
- establishment of an independent young research group at a research institution in Germany for a period of five years
- work and research without administrative constraints
Deadline: 31 July 2019
(Research in Germany)
[Boletín SIUN 440, 6/7 de junio de 2019]