Special Scholarship Program (Doctoral Program, SSP) at Kochi University of Technology (April 2019 enrollment)
Deadline: 14 September 2018.
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) at Kochi University of Technology (KUT) is only for doctoral candidates and project-based.
Contact with the professors should be restricted to the inquiries about the projects. To complete the scholarship program and acquire a doctoral degree, publication of 2 or more high level reviewed papers is required by at least two months before the completion of the English-language, 3-year program.
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work.
- Some amount of taxes must be paid from this salary.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, "Student" status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
- To hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master's degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor's and master's degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
Deadline for April 2019 enrollment: 14 September 2018
[Boletín SIUN 394, 7 de junio de 2018]