Summer Research Fellowship in Switzerland for Undergraduate & Graduate students in computer science (ETH Zurich)
Deadline: 15 December 2019
The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) Program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
All applicants fulfilling the following conditions are eligible for the program:
- You can attend the entire fellowship period from July 1st to August 31st. (Note that this time is fixed and cannot be changed)
- You are currently enrolled in a bachelor or master (or combined) program and your expected graduation date is earliest in spring the year after the fellowship.
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2020 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.
Your application will be evaluated on the basis of the documents provided. The last step of the application process may include an interview conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
The main part of the Student Summer Research Fellowship program at ETH Zurich is devoted to doing research in one of the available areas.
Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF 1,750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
Affordable housing during the research stay will be organized, once a candidate is accepted into the program. The organisers will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
Deadline: 15 December 2019, 12:00 (noon) Central European Time (06:00 Colombian time)
(Vía Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 464, 21/22 de noviembre de 2019]