Support scheme for excellent postdoctoral female researchers in Austria - REinforcing Women In REsearch (REWIRE) MSCA COFUND Programme, Call 2
Deadline: 14 April 2020
The overall goal of the REinforcing Women In REsearch (REWIRE) COFUND Programme, a Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions COFUND project funded by the European Commission, is to establish a support scheme for excellent postdoctoral female researchers to foster their scientific development, to nurture their expertise and to make a profound impact on their future careers. The Programme aims to address statistics published in the European Commission's "She Figures 2015" which clearly demonstrate that women are under-represented in academic careers.
The Programme offers:
- A 36-month fellowship in disciplines offered at the University of Vienna
- A highly competitive programme supporting you in your academic career progression and becoming a mentor for future female researchers
- Working at the largest research and education institution in Austria
- The chance to live in Vienna - the city with the highest quality of life in the world for 10 years in a row!
Although open to all disciplines offered at the University of Vienna, applications from the following under-represented disciplines are encouraged, based on the “Frauenförderungs- und Gleichstellungsplan": Astronomy, Computer Science, Cultural Studies, Earth Sciences, Economics, Geography, History, Law, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Sport Science, Theology (Catholic, Protestant and Islamic).
In addition to your individual research project and customised career development plan, you will be encouraged to:
- Be part of and build upon an enhanced research network
- Participate in non-research oriented training programmes
- Develop transferable skills
- Gain international exposure through publications in high-profile journals
- Participate in international conferences
The Programme is open to researchers of all ages. However, given that REWIRE has been designed to support researchers in their postdoctoral phase who are on their way to the next main steps in their careers (i.e. becoming young group leaders and PIs), REWIRE has a focus on recruiting ambitious researchers who have the potential to embark on independent research careers and will be serious candidates for prestigious investigator grants such as the ERC Starting Grant or the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) START Prize.
Deadline: 14 April 2020
(Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 478, 19 de marzo de 2020]