This committee is an advisory body of the Research Vice Rectory, having among its duties helping the Research Vice-presidency on formulating policies; formulating, monitoring, and evaluating the Vice Rectory’s development plans; and coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of research in the University.
According to the regulations, it is composed by:
1. The Vice Rector for Research
2. The National Director for Graduate Programmes or who acts in his/her name
3. The Research Director of Bogotá Campus.
4. The Research Director of Medellín Campus.
5. The Research Director of Manizales Campus.
6. The Research Director of Palmira Campus.
7. Two research professors with proven experience, proposed by the Campus Vice Rectors from the candidates introduced by the Deans of the Faculties of the respective campuses and elected by the Academic Council.
8. Two researchers with proven experience, proposed by the national and campuses research institutes and elected by the Academic Council.
9. A representative of the scientific community outside Universidad Nacional de Colombia, appointed by the Academic Council from names proposed by each Campus Council.