Fellowships for experienced researchers to perform applied research in Catalonia - Tecniospring INDUSTRY 2021
Call opens 1 April 2021.
Tecniospring INDUSTRY provides financial support to individual mobility proposals presented by experienced researchers in liaison with a company based in Catalonia, a TECNIO accredited organisation or a Catalan Technology Centre. The duration of the projects is 2 years.
Experienced researchers applying to this action need to develop an applied research project with a focus on technology transfer for the total duration of the project that will enable them to progress in the development of their careers. The project is expected to be part of a structured, long-term personal career development plan that is coherent with past achievements and clearly defines the future aims of the researcher.
Tecniospring INDUSTRY offers two different mobility schemes:
- Outgoing + return: during the first year, researchers of any nationality develop the project at a research or technology centre or R&D department of a private company located outside Spain. During the second year, researchers come back to their host organisation in Catalonia.
- Incoming: for researchers of any nationality willing to join a Catalan company, a TECNIO entity or a Catalan Technology Centre for two years.
Tecniospring INDUSTRY applications are submitted by the Catalan host organisation in liaison with an experienced researcher.
Catalan host organisations may be companies located in Catalonia, TECNIO organisations accredited by ACCIÓ (Government of Catalonia) or Catalan Technology Centres.
The beneficiaries are the Catalan organisations, who will employ the experienced researcher for the duration of the project, 2 years.
Before preparing and submitting the proposal, Catalan entities must have already reached an agreement with the experienced researcher.
Experienced researchers must have a PhD and two additional years of full-time research experience, or at least six years of full-time equivalent research experience.
Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of their 1st year host organisation for more than 12 months in 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for the submission of applications. Exceptions will be made for candidates with justified career breaks.
Tecniospring INDUSTRY covers applied research projects with a clear market focus. Projects must be aimed at developing a new technology and bringing it to the market.
Tecniospring INDUSTRY offers financial support to cover up to 100% of 2-year employment contracts and develop research activity:
- Salary costs (with full social security coverage):
- Incoming: 58,500€ per year.
- Outgoing & Return: 58,500€/1st year x coef. 58,500€ 2nd year.
- Research costs: 15,240€.
- Open Access Publication costs: 3,000€.
- Mobility costs: 1,920€.
- 70% advanced payment at the beginning of the project.
2021 call opening: 1 April 2021
Deadline: 15 June 2021
(Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 526, 11/12 de marzo de 2021]