Intersectoral Fellowships in Ireland for PhD holders at the National Technology Centre and Technology Gateways Programmes
Deadline: 19 December 2019
Career-FIT PLUS aims to https://www.horizon2020.ie/career-fit-plus/call-for-proposals/enhance the training and mobility of Experienced Researchers (ERs)through the undertaking of individually-driven, industry-focused research training projects which will be interdisciplinary and focused on the domain areas of the eligible Technology Centres and Technology Gateways in Ireland.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 847402.
The aims of the fellowships are to support suitable highly qualified experienced researchers in any discipline to:
- Conduct research relevant to the Technology Centres/Technology Gateways;
- Engage in collaboration with suitable companies;
- Experience and benefit from international mobility;
- Avail of relevant training and career development opportunities;
- Increase their chances of gaining a future senior research position, including in the nonacademic sector.
All Career-FIT PLUS applicants must fulfill the criteria for one of the following two experienced researcher types:
- Experienced researcher type 1: has been awarded their doctoral degree before the deadline of the Career-FIT PLUS call
- Experienced researcher type 2: does not hold a doctoral degree, but holds a master’s degree or an undergraduate degree such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, enabling him/her to embark on a doctorate in Ireland or the country in which the qualification was obtained; AND before the Career-FIT PLUS call deadline, has completed at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience following the qualification which would enable her/him to embark on a doctorate in Ireland or the country in which the qualification was obtained.
Eligible applicants are those of any nationality or residency who have not been (resided or carried out their main activity) in Ireland for more than twelve months in the three years prior to the Career-FIT PLUS call deadline.
Fellows will be hired by the host institution for three years, including a mandatory secondment to industry for up to 12 months.
Each Fellow will be assigned an Academic Mentor and a Secondment Mentor to guide him/her in the research project, training and career progression. He/she will further benefit from exposure to the ongoing research collaboration in the associated Technology Centre / Technology Gateway.
Career-FIT Fellows will benefit from:
- International mobility – Experienced Researchers of any nationality who have not resided or carried out their main activity in Ireland for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the Call deadline are eligible to apply and, if successful will gain experience in a different innovation eco-system, broaden their professional networks, acquire new skills/experiences, and develop and grow on a personal level.
- Intersectoral exposure – Based on previous experience, most of the applicants’ research experience will have been accumulated in an academic setting. The strong enterprise links and mandatory industry secondment in the Career-FIT PLUS fellowships will present them with the most significant intersectoral exposure to date in their careers.
- Interdisciplinarity – Technology Centres and Gateways will provide the fellows with the unique opportunity to work in interdisciplinary innovation teams.
Deadline: 19 December 2019
(Vía Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 463, 14/15 de noviembre de 2019]