MSCA-ITN DEEPICE project offers 15 PhD research positions in ice core related climate science
Deadlines depend on the call (must be filled between July and October 2021)
The DEEPICE project, funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 programme (Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions – Innovative Training Network) calls for applications for 15 fully-funded PhD positions (early-stage researcher, ESR) to be filled between July and October 2021, with attractive complementary training activities and associated research and travel budgets.
The overall objective of DEEPICE is to equip a new generation of scientists with a solid background in ice-core related climate science with a particular focus on Antarctica, a high level of technical and communication expertise and a large collaborative network across the academic and non-academic world.
The training program of DEEPICE is a balanced mix between (i) specialized research and technical core skills involving strong links with non-academic partners, (ii) additional methodological skills provided by the networking events and training schools as well as (iii) soft skills for ESR future career academic and non-academic fields.
Moreover, in individual projects, each Early Stage Researcher (ESR) will acquire basic scientific skills (e.g. formulating research questions, developing research projects) and knowledge of climate change in polar regions.
Besides, the complementarity of ESR projects, collaborative host institutions, secondment and training schools will provide the following bunch of research skills to the new generation of scientists:
- Development of novel, state-of-the-art specialized instrumentation;
- Climate and ice sheet modelling;
- Statistics applied to signal processing;
- Mediation, Education;
- Inter-disciplinary and cross sectoral research.
To apply, the participants must fulfil the following mobility and experience criteria:
- The candidates applying for these positions can have any nationality but must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date in the country of the institution where they apply.
- The candidates must, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years of their research careers and must not yet have been awarded a title of PhD.
More information on the PhD positions can be found on Euraxess or on each ESR project page.
(Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 525, 4/5 de marzo de 2021]