PhD scholarships from the German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU) 2019
Deadline: 15 June 2019.
The German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU, Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt), one of the largest foundations in Europe, offers Ph.D. scholarships to highly-qualified young researchers who have not yet begun their Ph.D.
The DBU funds innovative, exemplary and solution-oriented projects for the protection of the environment, with special consideration of small and medium-sized enterprises. The funding activities focus on environmental technology and research, nature conservation, environmental communication and protection of cultural assets.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- the PhD is expected to result in suggestions for sustainable solutions to current environmental problems
- all disciplines are permitted
- a good command of German (application and interview are in German; the PhD thesis has to be undertaken at a German university)
- the PhD must show clear relevance to the environmental situation in Germany and must be carried out predominantly in Germany
Main benefits include:
- basic monthly stipend of 1,500 euros plus 210 euros to cover material costs; a child allowance and other forms of support are possible
- duration of funding: a maximum of 3 years
- personal support and supervision
- presentation of results, interdisciplinary exchange and excursions during DBU scholarship seminars
- support with organising colloquiums
- invitations to DBU summer academy and events
Deadline: 15 June 2019
(Via Research in Germany)
[Boletín SIUN 432, 4/5 de abril de 2019]