Postdoc fellowships in all research fields in Brittany, France - Bienvenüe programme (MSCA), 1st call
Deadline: 15 March 2021
The BIENVENÜE post-doctoral programme - “Welcoming highly-talented international post-docs in Brittany”, carried by Région Bretagne, in partnership with eight regionally implanted research institutions (universities and research centres), aims to recruit 75 post-doctoral fellows with a high-level international profile in Breton laboratories.
It will be implemented over a period of 5 years (2020-204) from 1 November 2020, and is co-funded by the European Union through its Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. Divided in 3 cohorts of 25 24-month fellowships each, the fellows will be selected through 3 annual calls for projects.
The BIENVENÜE programme research partners are Agrocampus Ouest, IMT Atlantique, Inria, Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Université de Bretagne-Sud, Université de Rennes 1, Université Rennes 2 and Sorbonne University/Station biologique de Roscoff, whichwill host the fellows within their premises located in Brittany. The regional agency for innovation, Bretagne Développement Innovation (BDI), is also a BIENVENÜE partner, and will provide help for applicants and supervisors to find collaboration with non-academic organisations.
The BIENVENÜE post-doctoral projects will be built by the applicant, in relation with his/her supervisor. The applicant can freely decide on the thematic of his/her project, as long as it is in line with the strategic innovation areas of the Regional Research and Innovation Strategy – Breton RIS3:
The project will take place in Brittany, in a hosting laboratory administratively attached to at least one of the eight BIENVENÜE partner research institutions.
The support paid by Région Bretagne to partner research institutions amounts to 97,400 euros per post-doctoral fellow recruited over a period of 24 months (i.e. 4,060 euros per month), including:
- 92,640 euros (i.e. 3,860 euros per month) to cover 89.56% of the salary costs of the post-doctoral fellow;
- 4,800 euros (i.e. 200 euros per month) corresponding to the personal mobility allowance paid to the post-doctoral fellow.
The employing partner research institution, in conjunction with the hosting laboratory, provide additional funding to cover 10.44% of the salary costs of the post-doctoral fellow, i.e. 10,800 euros over 24 months (450 euros per month), as well as research and training costs.
To be eligible, the applicant must, at the deadline of the call, be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience. He/she has not resided or carried out his/her main activity in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline.
The supervisor of a BIENVENÜE post-doctoral project must be based in Brittany and in one of the following situations:
- permanent staff of a partner research institution, with the status of « chargé·e de recherche », « directeur·rice de recherche », « maître de conférences », « professeur des universités » or « ingénieur·e de recherche titulaire de l’HDR »;
- permanent staff from another research institution, but member of a laboratory administratively attached to at least one of the eight partner research institution, and relying on a permanent staff of a partner institution as co-supervisor;
- non-permanent staff of a partner research institution, with an employment contract of a duration equal to or greater than the total duration of recruitment of the supervised post-doctoral fellow.
The project ambitions to recruit 75 post-doctoral fellows, in 3 cohorts of 25 24-month fellowships each. The post-doctoral fellows will be selected through 3 annual calls for projects. The 1st call will be launched in January 2021.
Deadline for the 1st call: 15 March 2021.
(Euraxess América Latina y el Caribe)
[Boletín SIUN 519, 21 de enero de 2021]