Postdoc fellowships in Natural and Life Sciences, Mathematics, and related fields, in Austria - NOMIS 2022 (ISTA)
Deadline: 14 June 2022
The NOMIS Fellowship Program at Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) offers excellent postdoctoral researchers the freedom to work on questions at the intersection of two or more scientific disciplines in a unique scientific environment, while also providing the security of outstanding scientific mentorship from proven leaders in their respective fields. A cross-discipline project proposal, to be co-supervised by two group leaders from different disciplines, identifies projects and fellows who demonstrate great flexibility, creativity and collaboration.
All research fields supported at ISTA will be eligible. Should the specific interdisciplinary expertise required for the proposed research not be available at ISTA, an external secondary supervisor can be proposed. This external supervisor can provide the fellow with a secondment of up to three months per fellowship year.
NOMIS and ISTA shall award two NOMIS fellowships annually, following a two-stage application process (including interview).
- Cutting-edge and state-of-the-art resources: scientific service units, research and travel funds
- Freedom to explore high-risk concepts; three-year fully funded position (min. salary 60,500 EUR (gross) annually)
- Open, collaborative, basic and interdisciplinary research environment
- Enabling framework in which to develop interdisciplinary skills; dual mentorship
- Teaching within ISTA encouraged (but not required), aiming to create the most conducive environment for the creation and transfer of knowledge
- Scientific integrity and leadership training, as well as career development support
- Joining ISTA’s and the NOMIS Foundation’s global networks of exceptional, pioneering researchers
At the time of recruitment (i.e. within 8 months of the application deadline), applicants must have been awarded their PhD and preferably have acquired their first postdoctoral experience and/or interdisciplinary training. However, the NOMIS Fellowship Selection Panel will also consider exceptionally promising candidates who fall outside the above criteria.
Applicants will ideally have initial postdoctoral (or significant interdisciplinary) experience. However, the NOMIS selection panel will consider all outstanding candidates.
Applicants must have an existing affiliation to an academic/research institution (note: internal applicants must not have been employed at ISTA for than 12 months at the application deadline date).
Following the initial evaluation round, top-ranked candidates must be available for a remote interview approximately 4-6 weeks after the submission deadline. Successful applicants must have been awarded their PhD at the time of recruitment. If successful, the NOMIS Fellowship must commence within six months of notification.
Please see the Guide for Applicants, FAQs and Ethics Self-Assessment form before applying.
In the meantime, please direct any questions you may have on the program to email@example.com.
Deadline: 14 June 2022
[Boletín SIUN 579, 7/8 de abril de 2022]