Request for Applications (RFA) - “Grand Research Challenges for Development” (GRCD) 2021
Deadline for receipt of Letter of Interest: 15 March 2021
This Request for Applications (RFA) on Global Research Challenges for Development (GRCD) is issued by the Long-term Assistance and SErvices for Research: Partners for University-Led Solutions Engine (LASER PULSE) at Purdue University.
LASER PULSE is a five-year activity implemented by a consortium comprising Purdue University (lead institution), the University of Notre Dame, Indiana University, Makerere University, and Catholic Relief Services. LASER PULSE is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) under Cooperative Agreement 7200AA18CA00009.
Development Sectors of Interest: Any USAID target sector, except for certain activities that fall under global health. For questions on whether or not a potential application would be subject to this global health prohibition, contact Pamela McClure (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Region/Countries of Interest
- Central Asia and Middle East: Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, and Pakistan
- East and South Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Nepal, and Philippines
- West and Northern Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal, The Gambia, Togo, and Tunisia
- Central and Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, and Zambia
- Latin America and Caribbean: Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Paraguay, and Peru
Award Number and Size: Several individual research awards, up to a maximum of $200,000 per Award, will be generated from this RFA; awards are expected to span a period of 12 to 15 months. The total anticipated funding available for this RFA is up to a maximum of $1,000,000. There is an expectation of 10% cost-share for all Awards.
Deadline for receipt of Letter of Interest: 15 March 2021, 11:59 pm EST (22:59 Colombian time)
[Boletín SIUN 520, 28/29 de enero de 2021]