The Ulam NAWA Programme 2021 (Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Poland)
Deadline: 15 June 2021
The aim of the Ulam Programme is to increase the internationalisation of Polish institutions of science and higher education.
The Programme will allow both recognised and promising scientists who hold at least a doctoral degree, to visit Poland for 6 to 24 months in order to strengthen the scientific potential of Polish entities and to participate in their scientific activities, primarily research projects and didactics.
The Programme will allow to invite scientists regardless of their age, from all around the world and representing all fields of science, including Polish citizens working permanently abroad (they may constitute a maximum of 10% of Fellows in the call). HEIs, scientific and research institutes will have the opportunity to invite specialists from their priority areas to Poland – they will make a significant contribution to the research conducted by a given institution, strengthen didactics or support the institution in applying for prestigious grants.
The application under the Programme shall be submitted individually by a scientist with at least a doctoral degree or an equivalent degree obtained abroad, who, together with the institution of the Polish higher education and science system, has obtained the Seal of Excellence certificate under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships programme, 2020 edition (hereinafter referred to as "MSCA-IF"). NAWA, the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange, recognizes the SoE certificate as a binding verification of the quality of the application.
The visit under the Project cannot take place earlier than on 1 January 2022 or later than on 1 October 2022. The length of stay may be from 6 to 24 months.
The Programme can be attended by the natural person who:
1. jointly meets the following conditions:
1) is a scientist with at least a doctoral degree;
2) is employed at a foreign HEI or a foreign scientific/research centre or completed their previous employment contract after 31 August 2020. The employment is not required for persons who obtained their doctoral degree after 31 August 2020;
3) had not studied or worked in Poland within 3 years before the date of deadline of the call and did not live during this period in Poland continuously for more than three months (work in Poland is understood as employment under an employment contract in an entity based in the territory of the Republic of Poland or managing a research grant with an affiliation to the Polish scientific institution, if in this respect the salary was paid);
4) if the Applicant has implemented other NAWA projects, it is possible to apply when the scholarship has been settled and the agreement is considered as completed;
5) has minimum 3 achievements (from not earlier than 2016) out of the following:
a) a publication published in English, as the main author (especially first or correspondence), in journals included in one of the following international databases: Scopus, Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, Arts & Humanities Citation Index; or
b) a reviewed research monograph published in English (please note that, a chapter in an edited multi-author monograph is not treated as an achievement that meets this requirement); or
c) a publication in English in reviewed materials from an international conference listed by the Computing Research and Education Association of Australasia (CORE), indexed in the international DBLP Computer Science Bibliography database; or
d) a publication in English in reviewed materials from an international conference, indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection or Scopus database.
e) for the representatives of art studies - a proof of having made presentation of work of art in a foreign institution or an academic centre or having received a distinction in an international competition.
The Applicant can demonstrate 3 achievements under the same point (a, b, c, d or e), as well as 3 various achievements from among the indicated ones in point a-e.
6) has an invitation from the Host institution, which is a national entity having a scientific category.
2. has at least a doctoral degree or an equivalent degree obtained abroad, and has submitted together with the institution of the Polish higher education and science system, the application under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships programme, 2020 edition which received the Seal of Excellence certificate, and has an invitation from the Host institution, which is a national entity having a scientific category.
Deadline: 15 June 2021, 15:00 Polish time (08:00 Colombian time)
Further information:NAWA website; Magdalena Kowalczyk, PhD, Department of Programmes for Scientists, NAWA (firstname.lastname@example.org; +48 22 390 35 72, working days, 09:00-16:00 Polish time / 02:00-09:00 Colombian time)
(vía Embajada de Polonia en Colombia en Twitter)
[Boletín SIUN 529, 1 de abril de 2021]