ZUKOnnect Fellowships for Scholars from Africa, Asia and Latin America 2021 (U. Konstanz)
Deadline: 24 February 2021.
The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, doctoral students in their last year are also encouraged to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
The start date is between September 1st, 2021 and October 1st, 2021. Up to 4 (post-)doctoral stipends are available for up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months) and are based at the Zukunftskolleg.
You can apply to these fellowships if:
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa (broadly defined).
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz. You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance). Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of the current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for additional 6 months.
The Zukunftskolleg is an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS). It offers fellowships as well as a diverse support network to promote the independence of early career researchers. Researchers at the postdoctoral level perform research without administrative constraints and have the freedom to engage in meaningful exchange with other up-and-coming colleagues and with distinguished senior researchers. Scholars in the humanities, social and natural sciences go to Konstanz from across the world to perform first-class research.
The foundation “Manfred Ulmer-Stiftung für Wissenschaft und Gesellschaft” at the University of Konstanz has been funding early career researchers since its foundation in 1979. Starting in 2021, the foundation will support the “ZUKOnnect Fellowship” with the Manfred-Ulmer scholarship – a scholarship programme they have been running for several decades – amounting to 6,000 euros and thus funding one of the four scholarships. The Manfred Ulmer foundation is very happy that this way they can play an even more active role in attracting international early career researchers in the future and that they can support this innovative format of the Zukunftskolleg at the University of Konstanz.
The Zukunftskolleg is a keystone in the University of Konstanz's institutional strategy to promote top-level research. The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
Deadline: 24 February 2021
Information sessions about this call
How to join: Zoom meeting link (passcode: 686095)
(Vía DRE en Twitter)
[Boletín SIUN 519, 21 de enero de 2021]